Sunday, September 6, 2009

Being Right



Indeed, this need of individuals to be right is so great that they are willing to sacrifice themselves, their relationships and even love for it.

Many people choose to be right rather than be happy. They will argue to the bitter end about the "rightness" of their thoughts and actions ( am one sometimes ). They do not care about what they are doing to the people they are arguing with.

Why do they behave this way? Are they perfect? No, few of us can claim to be that. They are simply unwilling to view their fallibility and confess to the weakness that come along with being human.

I guess when we are willing to give up being right, we will find peace and happiness ( will try my best to do so ). It is when we are ready to learn I think, that we will be right.

So I guess, if we wish to be happy and free, we have to give up having to be right all the time.
Search me.


Soleil

No comments: